Electronic waste, or e-waste, is a term for electronic products that have become unwanted, non-working or obsolete, and have essentially reached the end of their useful life.
As per E-waste Rule 2016, the E waste defined as ‘electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part discarded as waste by the consumer or bulk consumer as well as rejects from manufacturing, refurbishment and repair processes.
It is estimated that 75% of electronic items are stored due to uncertainty of how to manage it. These electronic junks lie unattended in houses, offices, warehouses etc. and normally mixed with household wastes, which are finally disposed off at landfills. This necessitates implementable management measures.
In industries management of e-waste should begin at the point of generation. This can be done by waste minimization techniques and by sustainable product design. Waste minimization in industries involves adopting:
- inventory management,
- production-process modification,
- volume reduction,
- recovery and reuse.
Benefit of recycling of E-waste:
- E-waste contains many valuable, recoverable materials such as aluminum, copper, gold, silver, plastics, and ferrous metals. In order to conserve natural resources and the energy needed to produce new electronic equipment from virgin resources, electronic equipment can be refurbished, reused, and recycled instead of being landfilled.
- E-waste also contains toxic and hazardous materials including mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium, chromium, and chemical flame retardants, which have the potential to leach into our soil and water.
- Protects your surroundings- Safe recycling of outdated electronics promotes sound management of toxic chemicals such as lead and mercury.
- Conserves natural resources– Recycling recovers valuable materials from old electronics that can be used to make new products. As a result, we save energy, reduce pollution, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and save resources by extracting fewer raw materials from the earth.
- Helps others – Donating your used electronics benefits your community by passing on ready-to-use or refurbished equipment to those who need it.
- Saves landfill space – E-waste is a growing waste stream. By recycling these items, landfill space is conserved.
Recycling of E-waste:
- The company has tied -up with the Bharat Oil Company (India) for collection of all our E-waste on PAN India and disposes the same at their plant at E-18, Sahibabad Industrial Area, Site- IV, Ghaziabad – 201010 (U.P). Customer can reach or call on our Toll Free No 18001807981. Our representatives explain them about process of disposal and make them aware about nearest drop point available to drop the e-waste also give information about incentive we will offer to them against their end of life product. If any customer wants to handover the material from their door steps, we do send either our logistics team or E-waste Solutions team to collect the items and channelize the same to our e-waste partner plant for final processing
Surbhi Telelink Pvt. Ltd has signed an agreement with Om Logistics Ltd. for reverse logistics for Channelization of E-waste to the facility.
Toll Free No : 18001807981
Email Id : email@example.com